Monday 23 May 2016


Look at that happy boy!
Jon and Naveed came home for lunch one day and 
we had prepared this lunch table together.

I love it when my people get to come home for lunch.
Mornings are my best time of day and it's fun to
serve them my best offerings of food.

Biscuits fresh from the oven, fancy smoked salmon spread
and a custard kuchen for dessert.

I did not eat with them even though I set myself a plate.
It felt a shame not to at least pretend I was going 
to eat with them!


Rohk is now an expert biscuit cutter.
He is so much fun to have in the kitchen with me.



Nav really wanted to try a new food this week so I gave her a budget of $5 and we headed over to superstore.  She left with 2 foreign fruits, a passion fruit (not pictured) and this.
I forget what it was called.

This is what it tasted like.


The passion fruit was infinitely better.

This week was a good one!
We visited with cherished friends and Naveed was gifted the opportunity of planting vegetables.  My girl was in her glory.
She would LOVE to have a garden.
I tried one year, having a garden at a local community garden, 

and everything died.

My expert gardener friends tell me the soil was not drained properly, the dirt got wet, turned to mud, when it finally dried it was so hard on top that nothing could grow.
But still.   
I am not super keen to try again this year.
Another thing Nav does not get to have, according to her.
Oh my.

What she does get to have is garage saleing with her family!
This is our new family activity and we are all LOVING it.
Kleefeld, a local town, had a community garage sale on Saturday and we walked around for the entire morning, looking at and occasionally buying stuff.  It's so fun to give the kids $2 and see what they get.

Rohk only buys trucks.
Naveed is a bit of wild card - this time she found a beading kit.
I am also a bit of a wild card.  This time I walked away with a cute mug, a body atlas and a magnet toy for when littles come to visit.

Now my honey.
Jon.
He walked away with some tools, marbles and a stereo with a broken turn table, 2 huge 1980's speakers and a radio the size of a 10lb bag of flour.  It was $2.00 for the stereo system so really, how could he not?  At least that's what he said!




I "attended" an online summit this week and a line from one of the speakers struck me.

"listen to your life"

Again.
Because I had taken the above screen shot a few weeks before.

Do you know what your life is telling you??

One thing my life is telling me is that going out at night is  really hard on me physically and emotionally.  So I am telling everyone in my life that evenings, for the most part, do not work for me in this season of life.
I have zero expectation that this will last for a very a long time.  But maybe, maybe it will.

It's not about me saying no to good people and good events.
It's about me saying yes to taking care of my physical body, my mental and emotional health and giving Jon my best that is available after long days of caring for my people.

Listening to my life.
This is worthy of my time and energy.












No comments:

Post a Comment