Thursday 4 August 2016


Summer has been delightful
It is going down as my favourite one in years.

The proof, I have no pictures of it!

The kids play outside for hours and hours with the neighbourhood gang (no joke. it's a gang.), coming in long enough to tattle or get freezies for everyone on the yard.  The hose is on for hours and my yard is covered in toys and clothing from children who strip without reservation.  "It's hot. I'm taking off my shorts!"  Rohk has relished in the availability of friends after a school year of hanging out with his mom for most hours of his day.  Naveed has warmed up to the idea of summer holidays, but it took her a few weeks to see the glory of late nights and sleeping in.

About 2 times a week my children get an earful for disobeying or being mean to each other or whatever else a 5 & 8 year old get in trouble for, groundings happen and bedroom doors are slammed.  I hate going to bed those nights because I would rather our days be filled with perfection.  Silly, I know, but still what I would hope for.

It has been a summer with flurries of friends and family followed by days and days of solitude.  Hours of watching tv with my honey, making fun of commercials and laughing with him.



This summer has been full of much introspection and coming to some conclusions about myself versus the previous months of introspection that just lead to more introspection.

 It has also been a summer full of Doctor Who novels, music from the late 90's & early 2000's, watching cable tv and completing sewing projects I started years ago.

Tomorrow my girly turns 9!
She is so excited and so am I!
Time to get going on the party preparations.  She has the entire day planned out and I need to get my butt in gear to make it all happen.





1 comment: