Sunday 1 January 2017




2016, we had a complicated relationship.

I am glad to see you go but I will remember you with some fondness.

2016 was a year of illness, recovery, watching ALL of "Call The Midwife" while resting in bed for weeks and weeks followed by months and months of just being at home.  I said "No." so often to those that I love because of fatigue.

It has been delightful for me to start saying "Yes!" in recent months.  And I have been DELIGHTED that I still have friends after disappearing for so long.














2016 saw us have the best summer we have had in years and camping with friends was a highlight as well as stock car races with my mom & dad. 

This summer was also Naveed's first time at bible camp, an event that still get's brought up nearly every week she loved it so much.

Rohk gained great independence this summer learning to ride his bike without training wheels and was allowed to cross the street on his own to ask the neighbour kids to play.





2016 brought healing to years old wounds of my heart.  Forgiveness is something that I have to choose over and over again.  My emotional memories run deep (often the details of the pain are forgotten but the feelings linger) and my hurt feelings have a way of re-surfacing.  And each time, I bring them before Christ, asking for help, choosing to forgive again by His strength and help.  

Going into 2017 I long for more laughter and light hardheartedness.
My only desire for 2017 would be for joy in spite of what this year brings.  Life can so often be heavy and hard, at least it has been for me, and my propensity for melancholy is amazing.

I want to be someone that weathers what comes with 
grace and joy, forgiveness and patience.   
All things that don't always come naturally to me but I think are a worthy pursuit.







Do you ever wonder what Jesus laughing would sound like?
Because there must have been times he just sat around with his friends laughing at something from the day.

Anyway.  That was a rabbit trail.

From Valley of Vision (Puritan Prayers)
my prayer for me, my family and for my friends who would like this.


"Though has loved me before the foundation of the world, and in love didst redeem my soul;

Thou dost love me still,
in spite of my hard heart,
ingratitude,
distrust.

Thy goodness has been with me another year,
leading me through a twisting wilderness,
in retreat helping me to advance,
when beaten back making sure headway.

Thy goodness will be with me in the year ahead.
Only glorify thyself in me whether in comfort or trial,
as a chosen vessel meet always for thy use.

Amen."









No comments:

Post a Comment