Thursday 29 September 2016


This is a picture of some wallpaper I bought.
4 rolls of it actually.

I think it's weird and fun.
And it was $1 a roll at Ikea.

For now it sits under my bed, 
waiting for a house where I have a room to put it in.


I'm cleaning up my pictures on my laptop.
Here are some pictures I took that I must have had a reason for but now I forget.





Nav turned 9 this summer!
I don't think I posted pictures, so here you go.


Naveed was not interested in letting me bake and decorate her a cake this year.   So this is an ice cream cake that she decorated and loved.


We did a full day of party celebrations with all of Nav's favourite people.  Some friends in the morning, some in the afternoon, a family supper, friends and Olympics after supper.
It ended up being a very gentle celebratory day.
I hope we do the same for her next year.


One of Nav's cherished friends does not like icecream or cake but loves unbaked cookies.   So when that friend was over we had these.  For the other friend's, they had Slurpee's and for the evening friends - cupcakes!  At some point in the day my camera died so we are without pictures.

And I'm ok with that.
I have started to NOT take pictures on purpose and just be present in the moment that is happening.  It does mean that I have only a few pictures from this summer but I know that means I was fully in the moment of whatever it was we were doing.

So back to more pictures I took!
HA!




Summer is not summer until we have made it to the track for some races.  It is always a highlight of my summer.





This is my Foodie Club's 7th year and we welcomed a new member this year.  After 7 years of meeting with these women I can't imagine my life without them.

It was lovely just living this summer and intentionally being off the internet and social media as much as I could get away with.

And now, I find it just as lovely sitting down to look at my pictures and remember what a lovely summer it was.

Today I plan on working in my kitchen all afternoon, 
listening to Harry Potter: The Prisoner of Azkaban.
I am in the mood to make bread or buns or something.

Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment