Monday 12 May 2014

Good morning!

Have you ever been to a pity party before?  I think I have been stuck at one for a few weeks and its time for me to go.  Once upon a time, my dad told me that it was good to have sorrow but it was important to not get stuck wallowing in my sorrow.  Pity parties are the same.  It dawned on me, Sunday morning, that I have been at one for to long.  I have over stayed my welcome.

When life hands me disappointment, something that it always will, it is up to me how I will deal with it.  
Yes?  Yes.

So I get to be sad, diminished, angry, fearful, defeated, confused, have regret,feel guilty or have shame.  I get to feel and work through my own shortcomings and  life disappointments.  And pity has been a part of it.  But I don't want to over stay my welcome at any party, pity parties included.

I know I have done the work of sorting and figuring out why I have had self pity, 
and now, it's ok to move on. 




So!!  Here are some random pictures from the last few weeks that remind me how good life is.












Cheers! to having a day free of pity parties and drinking more coffee than what is good for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment