Thursday 10 January 2019



Today is a day of prayer and fasting for 
my friend with cancer and for her family.  
Every Thursday is.
There is a group of 16 people dedicated to 
intentional prayer and fasting 
for whatever we are asked to pray for and lead to pray for.


I have been struck on a few occasions with how the Holy Spirit has lead so many in similar prayers, though we never meet in person, on specific days for these precious friends.






Prayer.

I wonder how many books have been written on prayer?
There are a few sitting on my book shelves.

Sometimes I question the need for prayer.

What good is it?

Won't God just do what He will do?

Why pray for anything?

Can I change God's mind with my prayers?

Is God listening?

My problems are so small, why would God care?





You know the bible story where Jesus talks about the annoying neighbor asking for bread at midnight?
(I'm great at paraphrasing.  You're welcome.)

And then Jesus talks about earthly fathers and God the father giving good gifts?

(It's in Luke 11 if you want to check it out.)

Probably more than any other parables of Jesus, 
I have taken those two stories about prayer to heart.


When I was younger, I had no Christian friends and I was lonely.
My dad suggested we pray about this, so we did.
My memory is that we prayed for over a year, 
that God would give me a good friend that loved Jesus.

So many nights in grades 5 & 6, praying for a friend.

And then one day, 
out of the blue, 
Juanita arrived in Thunder Bay for exactly one year.

A Jesus loving, fun friend.

And ever since I have never been for want of a friend 
that is like iron-sharpening-iron.

On my better days,
I remember to pray faithfully and with faith.

On my mediocre days, I just complain a lot to God.

On days when my faith feels so small, 
I ask for reminders of God's faithfulness and love.

When my heart is hard and full of bitterness and anger, I hide. 
I know that Jesus is patiently waiting for me to give him my hurts and ask for forgiveness.

Yesterday was one of those days.


These are my thoughts today.
Much love to you all.
Rachelle


























1 comment:

  1. I love reading your thoughts. Almost as good as hearing them over a good cup of java❤️

    ReplyDelete