Friday 29 April 2016


Earlier this week I felt that Jon needed a visit from me and Rohk with the bonus of doughnuts.  Then a train came by the shop and my men watched it for a bit.


Taco Tuesday is our new favourite meal.  Each kid get's a job (Rohk shredded cheese & cut peppers, Nav was on hamburger duty) and meal time is soo happy!  Once upon a time I would have looked down my nose at such a meal.  Taco Tuesday is so common!! 
Praise the Lord I'm not so uptight any more.

Speaking of food...


So we ended up at Ikea with my aunty & uncle that are visiting from BC.   There were very few diabetes friendly options that would fill me up for a few hours so I ate this thing.
I can't say I would recommend it.


Rohk and me go for bike rides nearly every day.
On this particular day it was very chilly outside and I knew he was not going to make it home without warming up.  So we went for a cup of tea at MJ's.  Holy.  Cow.   $2.66 for one tea bag.
That is outrageous!
But worth not having a whining kid all the way home.


As you may, or may not, know, Flower Patch Farmgirl is my most favourite blog.   What I love the most is how honest she is about her life, wrestling's and hopes.

She is brave to be so vulnerable on her blog.
Many bloggers I have read over the years change their tone to be more private the bigger they get.

You need to go over and read her blog ASAP!

She wrote this article today and it ends with the question,
 "What makes you, you?"

True.  Nothing profound in that question.
But it's a good exercise.

I have gotten lost in ideas that I actually don't believe in.
Like all of a sudden, I WANT a whole bunch of stuff!
And I am super sad that I can't have stuff.

What. The. Heck.

Pouting because my kid has a bike but I want her to have a newer one.  "RACHELLE!  YOUR KID HAS A BIKE!"
Perspective.

So.
What makes me, me?

How I cover my walls.
This is a part of what makes me, me.
No matter where I have lived, I must have LOTS of art on my walls.  The more the better!!

I don't care about decorating Do's or Don'ts.  
I just know what I like.


I will never NEED another piece of art but I will always WANT more!

Can I please take this moment to get on my soapbox of 
need vs want?
Ok.
Thanks.

I keep overhearing people in public go on and on about their "needs" and it's gotten under my skin.

Please note, I was un-intentionally eavesdropping.
If you are going to talk loudly in public, I will hear you.

Anyway.

I promise you, there are very few things you actually need.
The majority of what we all purchase are wants.

Don't tell me you NEED a vacation cause you don't.
You want one.  You will not die if you don't get it.
Vacations are pure luxury.
Not a need.

Don't tell me you NEED a bigger house because we are 4 people and a dog living in 800 square feet and life it just great.
Would I WANT a bigger kitchen, sure.
Would I WANT a basement, yes.
But I don't NEED it.
There is a roof over my head, heat when I need it, 
running water and a TV.  Life is good.

Want stuff!
Please, go ahead and want whatever you feel like!
I want TONNES of stuff!
New Birks, another bike, a new vehicle, a shopping spree at Anthropology, a play structure for my kids...  I can go on.

But please.  
Don't try and tell me your luxury wants are a need.
Cause they're not.

Ok. That's the end of my rant.
Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great post, I have this internal conversation all the time about wants and needs, I have all I need, I know it, but that internal drive is pushed upon us on a daily basis! Consume MORE!!
    I think I'd like to see a blog where you write about living in the moment! I think these two topics are closely related! :)

    ReplyDelete