Sunday 17 April 2016



My blondie sister and her blondie boys landed last Sunday late in the day and they left early this Sunday morning.

I was so happy when they came out to Steinbach Monday afternoon!  
I thought we would only see them Wednesday to Saturday 
so that was a treat.

Nav missed a few days of school and we headed into Winnipeg for 4 days and three nights.


At this point I would like to say that I HATE sleep overs.   
I don't recall ever enjoying them.

Ever.

I believe my agreeing to sleep on an air mattress for 3 nights speaks to my commitment of nurturing family relationships and 
of loving my family in general.

"Well done Rachelle.  Pat yourself on the back!"
"Why thank you!  I think I will!"



We had our good hours and bad ones, 
fun days and miserable days.

4 adults + 5 children + 1 whippet dog + one house = life!




Those children all have "discerning pallets"
Also known as "picky eaters"

Every bloody one of them!!

So, I kidnapped (not really)my own 2 kids and Anthony, trucked them (literally trucked them because I drive a truck. Ha!) over to De Luca's and had each child choose a pasta they would like to try.

Three types of noodles were chosen (all made in Italy so that was fun) and we had a taste testing noodle dinner.

I believe it was a success.
Every child tried something new - 
even if it was only a new noodle shape.  
Baby steps folks.  
Next time, I will need to try something like foreign chips or 
ice cream flavours.



My mom really wanted to feed some birds with the kiddos but as you can see, there were no birds.  And then it started to rain.
That activity was a bit of bust.
You can't win them all!



Jon might kill me for posting this pictures.
The kids all looked so happy!!

Mandi's boys and my mom came out for a few hours yesterday and we got to have a few fun last memories.

Kawaii Crepe on the way to Steinbach and fire with uncle Jon.
A perfect way to end a vacation if you were asking me.




My sister is much better at taking together pictures than me.
But then I'm a shit and do this when she tells me to back up my head cause it looks to big.



Mandi and me have always been near opposites.
For as long as I can remember.
It makes for interesting conversations, belly laughs and choosing to be in the moment instead of finding similarities.

Mandi will always remember the good things first.
I will always remember the bad things first.

Mandi is a tall blonde.
I am a short red head.

We both dye our hair so there is that!



I am sad she lives so far away.
The day to day of our lives are kept to ourselves.
We do not share in the everyday moments of life.

It is a complicated sorrow.

But no matter.
She has my heart.






1 comment: