Thursday 21 April 2016


Jon and me moved to Steinbach roughly 10 years ago in May.

I always remember that it was May and I have no idea if that is actually true or not.

But I hold to May is the month we arrived in Manitoba.

Anyway.

We had been living in Calgary for a little over a year and half, Jon had just graduated from Ambrose University College and it was time to start a new chapter in our lives.

I figured I needed some new music while packing up our little apartment so I bought Jack Johnson's  In Between Dreams album.
I totally went to HMV at Southcentre Mall, listened to cd's they had in those black boxes with a head-set (remember those?!)
and bought it. 

Every spring, without fail, I CRAVE this album.
It brings me to a happy place in my heart and memories.

I remember so vividly, opening up all the windows and the balcony door, letting in the cool fresh air of spring, packing up our stuff, getting ready for life in Manitoba.

All the while listening to Jack on repeat.


For the last few years I have not had a stereo and the disc drive on my laptop is busted so I have not listened to this album.
I kept putting off buying it on iTunes because I own it.

It's a cd in a box somewhere.

But this year I caved.
I bought it yesterday and I am listening to it right now!!

It makes me so happy.

Here is Banana Pancakes.
Happy Thursday all!




No comments:

Post a Comment