Tuesday 22 March 2016



My marriage has been forged in fire.
We have been to "hell" and back more times than I prefer.
Once would have been plenty, thank you very much.

But this post is not a lament.

Because I am so proud of us.
Of what we have endured so far in this life we share, 
self imposed or not, we have kicked ass.

I've been thinking about us a lot lately.
Winter has come to an end and we made it through without a major crisis.

Hallelujah and pass over the praise jam please.

Historically winters are the very worst time for us to be alive.
No joke.
So much has happened to us between the months of November and March for at least 5 years in row. 

Jon and me were expecting the worst at every turn this winter.

Well... for sure I was.  
Jon was more optimistic than me most of the time.  

We have been very conditioned to expect crisis and heartache in the dead of winter.

I sighed with relief when the snow started melting and nothing truly bad had happened to us while there was snow on the ground.

It feels miraculous.



Look at us.
This picture makes me smile.

We are coming up on 13 years of marriage in August and I cannot imagine my life without him in it.

If I had to do it all over again, with the crisis and pain, just to be where we are today, I would.
In a heartbeat.




No comments:

Post a Comment