Thursday 31 March 2016


Spring break is the best!

Up until this year, we were homeschoolers.
But this year, Nav is in public school and we are all loving it.

When we homeschooled I always had school on my mind.  I was solely responsible for her education and I worked constantly to try and get everything she needed taught.  I took it very seriously.  And we never had a spring break.  There were other weeks when school was not touched but school thoughts always niggled at the back of my mind. 


Shout out to all my homeschool friends!!
You are AMAZING!!!!


No joke.  
If you know a family that is homeschooling, give that mother a hug and tell her she is doing a great job.

Even if you disagree with homeschooling, lie.

Because she is busting her ass, working hard, to teach her kids and often she will be hearing more criticism and doubt than encouragement and praise.  
She is a maveric and it can be lonely.
Not always, but sometimes.

And don't assume to know why anyone homeschools.
The reason's are as varied as there are different types of smoked meat.
(I'm a touch meat obsessed.  True story.)

Ok.   Time to get off this rabbit trail and onto the main path.


So now Nav is home for the week and it's so much fun.
I can be fully present to just be with my kids.

Rohk learned how to ride his bike without training wheels
(10 minutes and he was good to go.  Amazing child.)

Nav rolled down a hill on her rollerblades without me holding her hand.
(She is such a tenacious child and kept trying and trying until she got it.  Her rollerblades were a birthday gift last August.  I am so proud of her.)

The kids have played video games, watched movies, played with the neighbour kids, put together puzzles and eaten enough candy to make a dentist cry.

It's been good.


And, just because, a few of the facial expressions of my Mr. Rohk.




No comments:

Post a Comment