Monday 24 February 2014

I have watched Wreck It Ralph no less than 6 times in the last 2 days.  In Steinbach, we still have a video rental store and I actually rent dvd's there.  My kids are being trained to watch a movie as many times as possible, in 3 days, before it's gone.

I still remember renting VHS's when I was kid.  I also remember my parents renting the tv to go along with the rented movies.  There is this picture in my head of my dad walking across a parking lot, carrying a huge rented tv, that will forever be one of my favourite memories.  Partly because it makes me so old and retro.

Memories are a funny thing.  Sometimes they are dead wrong.  

For instance.  I was talking with mom and bankruptcy and memories I have of my parents bankruptcy.  In my memory, I see the tow truck repossessing my parents white car, watching from my bedroom window.  Nope.  That is not what happened.  My parents actually brought the car in to the dealership to give it back. My childhood memory was a lie.  To myself.  Unintentionally.


Memories can be right as well.

Obviously.

Like the tv memory.

Moving on.

No!  Wait!!  Remember this video??



Me too.

What about this one?  Beck, Devils Haircut.  I still remember Sook Yin Lee introducing me to this video on MuchMusic.  (Apparently today's post is all about  me dating myself.)


Ok.  Last one.  I hope all you who lived in the 1990's and remember it, appreciate these gems.  

Now.  I only was introduced to Portishead in the early 2000's but I still love Glory Box.  I'm sure this means I am a true child of the 90's to retroactively like it's music.  Right?



Good night.  






No comments:

Post a Comment