Saturday 6 February 2016



It's Foodie Club night tonight!!!   The last time we met was in September.   How wrong is that?!
I am so so excited to see the girls and eat some good food.

These pictures are from our last meal, the them was 
"Jerusalem: A Cook Book"
I loved that cook book so much I asked for it when my 
birthday came around.
Tracy, beloved Foodie member beat my mom to the 
punch and gave it to me.


Truth be told, being in Foodie Club. since my diabetes diagnosis. has changed things for me and the group.  Bless their generous hearts for being so accommodating.  There still are items I don't eat or will only take one bite of.  
But for the most part, I can partake in our meals.

    
(Tracy made the picked beats with xylotol or stevia (I forget now) 
so I could eat them!)




 


I think I loved this meal so much because I COULD eat everything and that is a rare and treasured gift to me.  To be able to eat with my friends, at the same time and eat what they are eating?!
  
If you have food restrictions, you know how much that means. 




Tonight is a fondue theme and I took my Jerusalem: A Cook Book and will make the falafal and kofta recipes fondue friendly.  
(My fingers are crossed!)   I will serve it with hummus, a tahini sauce and cucumber&tomato salad.   All recipes from my Jerusalem cook book!

No comments:

Post a Comment