Saturday 27 February 2016

Last night I ended up in the ER.
I was totally freaked out by a burning sensation in my leg.

The previous day, I had gone in for this procedure



I was so scared about a blood clot.
Straight up, number one fear in life is dying while 
my kids are small.

I panicked.

Now, what I learned last night about our local ER, or else we totally lucked out, is this.

9pm on a Friday is pretty dead.

If you come in after an ablation with concerns of a blood clot, 
they see you really fast.

My burning sensation was probably a nerve that was cauterised during my procedure and acting up.  I am totally paraphrasing.  No doctor ever says my uterus was cauterised.  But it totally was.
  
We were out of there by 9:30pm.
So that was awesome.

Erin and Andrew came to our rescue and stayed with the kids while we were gone. They are simply amazing.  Thank you friends.  Naveed had them watching Doctor Who and an ocean documentary while 
we were gone.  That made me chuckle.



On a different note but totally related, I am forever thankful and filled with wonder at the beautiful friendships that are 
Erin, Tracy and Sue.

These women.  They knock my socks off.


Tracy TOTALLY surprised me on the day of my surgery!!

SHE SHOWED UP AT THE HOSPITAL TO SEE ME!!!   WHO DOES THAT??
Tracy.   That's who.  

And she totally hooked me up with a wonderful nurse that did not need 20 attempts to put in my IV.  Never mind, previously that week she brought us a HUGE box of easy to prepare meals for my family and me.  I am so touched by her care and love.  She has my heart.


Check out these awesome pictures she took of me.





The first 24 hours after the ablation I was on bed rest and Sue lovingly took my kids for a few hours.

AND THEY WERE A HANDFUL!!  Refusing to eat the lunch she prepared, being anti-social, and causing problems all around.

Oh my children.

Sue dropped them off and I felt the need to give 
her a bottle of wine.  

Only, I had no wine.  

And she still offered to take one or both of them next week!?
( I am going to turn her down as I am feeling much better already.  
But still!  It's the thought that counts.)
Sue also has my heart.


And dearest Erin.
She ran to our rescue last night to sit 
with Naveed.  (Rohk was sleeping)
That she was so readily and willingly came here during a moment of crisis makes me tear up.
Her generosity of care and love touches my heart.
She ALSO has my heart!!



And to ALL THE AMAZING and WONDERFUL and CHERISHED friends that have been holding me in prayer over the last few days, from the very bottom of my heart, thank you.
Thank you.   Thank you.
I often teared up by how often I was messaged that I was being held in your prayers.
Thank you.


To end this post, some pictures from yesterday, which was a very calm and healing day on the whole.

















Have a happy Saturday everybody!








2 comments:

  1. Simply wonderful. All around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in these difficult times we realize the importance of a community! You have a great one :)

    ReplyDelete