Saturday 20 February 2016



We had a our taxes done yesterday.

This is not a celebratory growler.

I love my country.  I am so thankful for free healthcare, EI, year long maternity leave, nice parks and paved roads.  I love that my garbage get's picked up once a week, I can go to my local library at no cost and that if my house were to ever catch on fire, the local fire department will come to the rescue.

All that so say, I get why taxes are good.

But frig!!!  The Canadian Government sucks!!

When you are on EI, you are taxed maybe 1% on what they pay you.  But! When you file your taxes at the end of the year, then they tax you for 15% of EI paid out.   Seriously.  Just take the money at the time your are paying us.

Same goes for the Universal Tax Credit.   They more than doubled what I get for my kids which is super!   
I love it.  Thank you Canada.  
But now, I have to pay 15% to the government for that money. 
Just take it in the first place!!

Bah.

Canada, you totally screwed up my budget and I am not impressed at this moment.   Maybe tomorrow I'll forgive you.


In other news, I am in a Franz Ferdinand mood these days.
For your listening pleasure, Take Me Out.



Last night I had my very own dance party while my family did....  I'm not sure what.   I was dancing.  

Beastie Boys and Fatboy Slim anyone?




Happy Saturday Dance Party All!

1 comment:

  1. Remember when we went to see Franz Ferdinand? Sooooo long ago <3
    Great mix.
    Is "Praise You" up next?
    I am picturing you dancing in your kitchen. Love it.

    ReplyDelete