Monday 8 February 2016


Rohk wanted an orange but was having a difficult time opening it.  He asked me if he could get a knife to cut it and I said yes.   It did not occur to me what kind of a knife he was picking or what he would be cutting on.  Apparently he tried the scissors first?


This dear-heart has been practising head stands for weeks now.   
She uses a wall to practice and then tries without the wall.  
She is doing awesome!!


He just really really wants to be like his big sister!!


I do not love chickpeas.   Hummus I can live without.
That is until I tried this recipe!!  I may be a hummus convert.   
Go out and buy "Jerusalem: A Cook Book" for the hummus recipe alone.
So.  Good.


And this scene is my house tonight.  I think it looks so inviting.
I love my dining room and kitchen.  My favourite rooms in my home.


Lent begins on Wednesday.  I have never given up anything for lent.  I have understood why people do it but I have never felt the inclination to participate myself.  

I read a post from Grace Table about lent.  I liked her approach to reading scripture during the season of lent.  I might not give up anything but I may read through some Psalms in the way she describes.

She ends the post with this and it made me tear up.  And any time something makes me cry I MUST pass it along! True story.


"God stands at the door and knocks, but He won’t open the door for us. He won’t force His way in. He is patient and kind, abounding in steadfast love, and so He waits and knocks and waits some more. 
And while He waits, He whispers words of love over us. 
I have loved you with an everlasting love. I would take you in my arms and heal you. 
I would wrap you in kindness and clothe you in love. I would quiet you with My love."




No comments:

Post a Comment