Thursday 10 April 2014

Hello.  Good morning.

Today I am going into Winnipeg and will bringing my mom a belated birthday present.  Meatball curry!

I am also going to be making a red lentil dahl and chapati bread if my morning goes smoothly.



I have never made this dahl recipe but I thought it sounded great so I am going to try it.

I love Indian food.
When I was in college, my dear friends, endured going out for Indian food for my birthday 3 years in a row.  I don't think any of them liked it very much.

When I lived in Edmonton after high school, my dad and me would go to the same Indian buffet almost weekly.  Or I remember it being weekly, anyway.  The samosa's they served were the best I have ever had.

What about Indian sweets?  Do you any of you like those??  Most people don't because of the texture of them.  I could eat, and did, eat entire boxes of it by myself because no one else liked it.  
I was really sad about that.  ;)


Most people eat naan with their Indian food but the best flat bread for curry is chapati.  It is super simple to make (whole wheat flour, salt, water) and is so tasty.  It is more pliable than naan so it is easier to use as an eating utensil when eating with your fingers.

It looks like this


And you use it to eat like this!



My kitchen is calling my name.  Well, actually the dishes in my kitchen are so I can start making this Indian meal in my mind.  I will take some pictures and post them tomorrow.

Have a great Thursday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment