Friday 25 April 2014



This was one of those weeks where I never did get caught up with school work, house work or this blog.
I showed up to everything required of me but I did not have my best to give.

Sometimes, my life is like that.

What I am finding is that my ability to handle stress has been diminished greatly in this past year.  I get drained far more easily and require greater amounts of home a lone time to recharge than ever before.  Life has been hard and my body and mind and emotions just can't deal with it like I used to.  This month has been especially hard for me.

My hope and prayer is that in time, I will heal and be able to handle normal life stresses without needing hours and hours of quiet and alone time.  I don't bounce back these days.  It's more like a slow boil back to normalcy.

I suppose that after what Jon and me have been through this year, I get to take the time to take care of myself.  That it is ok for me to not bounce back and to not have as much to offer anyone.  
I have given myself permission for that.  And because I know myself, when the day of healing comes, I will know it will be time to leave this season and carry on with life in the next phase.  Nothing last lasts forever.


"Everything's gonna get lighter, even if it never gets better"


No comments:

Post a Comment