Friday 28 March 2014

Hello

It is 9:30pm and my entire family is asleep.

Here is Jon.  So peaceful.


I can't show you pictures of the kids sleeping because they sleep in darkness.

Currently I am trying to plan 4 dishes for 4 different events I will be attending or hosting in the next 4 days.  They need to be tasty and cheap to make. 

I think it is fun.

Our family is a part of a supper club  (The Foodist's) that happens once a month.  This time I need to bring the starter.   Nothing was inspiring me so I am making up my dish.  This is what I have planned.  A phyllo tart with layers of gingered sweet potato, diced apple softened in butter and caramelized red onion.  Served with a side of home made thyme sour cream.

Here is the sour cream I am making.  1/4 cup buttermilk and 1 cup whipping cream in an air tight container.  Let stand at room temperature for 12-14 hours and refrigerate.  I will add finely chopped thyme an hour before we go.  It is really really good. I highly recommend it.

Here is a picture of me making sour cream




I still need to nail down my lunch menu and the other dish for a mom's craft night.  I'm sure I will keep you all posted on what I make.


The picture below is what I will snack on tonight.  Naveed gave me her half eaten apple and told me I needed to eat it or it would be a waste.  Also, 85% - 90% dark chocolate is what I crave at night.



The picture below was a part of my supper tonight.  It was not my favourite.  It was a roasted egg plant and red pepper dip.  The recipe called for a lemon, but I did not have one, so I made it without.  Really, the dip needed the lemon juice to balance out the sweetness of the peppers and egg plant.  It also needed more coriander seed.  I will try it on a grilled cheese sandwich tomorrow or the next day.  


Well, good night.  I am off to find a show to watch and then to bed for me.
Bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment