Wednesday 5 March 2014



Photo essays are my very favourite.  I look at them every single chance I get.  The first and second pictures I am posting here are from a site I just found and have spent the last hour pouring over.  I highly recommend you visit  http://www.marchandmeffre.com/index.html

They have 3 series posted on-line, abandoned theatres, Detroit and a mining island in Japan.  The abandoned theatres are so beautiful, even in their derelict state.  The pictures of Detroit were the most startling and moving to me.  All the grey in the mining town could not hold my interest so I went back to look at Detroit.




Keeping with the theme of abandoned buildings, I happened upon Kathryn Clark's foreclosure quilts a year ago.  What appeals to me the most is that they tell a story with the texture and colour of fabric.  A medium I love.


Read what she says about her work.  I find it to be profound.


The End


No comments:

Post a Comment